February 9th, 2018
Novares’ third generation “Nova Car #1” is now ready for release (March2018) and will highlight 17 innovations from 7 product lines. These enhancements are aligned with current market trend topics such as autonomous, connected cars and new mobility with their new business models
Over the past 3 years, Novares has created Demo Cars (previous Nova Cars known as “Smart MecaplastTrends”, SMT1 and SMT2) enabling global car manufacturers to visualize and experience turnkey innovations ahead of market timing.
This third-generation demo car, a BMW X1 model, will include 17 innovations and the achievement of 18 patents related to smart surface technologies, Plastronics (plastics & electronics), as well as user friendly HMI (Human Machine Interface) and connected enhancements. For the first time, these prototype innovations draw from Novares’ 7 product lines as united portfolio, covering Engine, e-Powertrain, Bezels & Clusters, Air Vents & Decoration Trims, Interior & Car Body Trim, Handles, Exterior Paint & Surfaces. Nova Car #1 is born.
Nova Car #1’s innovations are closely linked to new mobility and business models such as car leasing and sharing, new powertrain techniques, as well as the shift towards autonomous vehicles:
• Ultimate decantation: with an engine cam cover Venturi providing oil separation efficiency improvement (1 patent).
• Entry Box concept: a synthetic media that ensures the same filtration performance at the lowest cost in the product range for engine.
• SpaceSaver Cooler: a plastic water charged air cooler that reduces air temperature and CO2 emissions (5 patents).
LIGHTER & COST EFFICIENT
• Diet MuCell®: Novares MuCell® Cam Cover concept that provides additional weight saving benefits.
• Blacklite Carbon: an engine cover that ensures weight and noise reduction.
• Easy Valve: a degassing valve that cools down temperatures using only one engine degassing bottle, and reduces cost and simplifies the process (2 patents).
CONNECTED & AUTONOMOUS CARS
• Bird View: smart and tiny roof bars which deliver load measurement and light communications (1 patent).
• Flex View: exterior revolving mirrors & camera with an integrated flexible screen for rear view (1 patent).
• Touch’n Play: a short cut panel for favorite features (1 patent).
• Touch’n Go: an inner handle with touch opening.
• Hi 5 Door: a flush door handle design with backlighting, keyless solutions (2 patents).
• Hi 5 Pillar: a flush pillar made with backlighting, integrated handles.
• Silent Duct™: a porous air duct absorbing noise (3 patents).
• Touch’n Feel: a sensitive touch & scroll panel with haptic feedback.
• Slim’n Cool: an air register with hidden flush mechanisms and slim design (2 patents).
• Snake’n Light: an innovative mood lighting, with easy customizable design for OEMs.
The worldwide reveal for this Nova Car #1 will take place on March 26, 2018, at “Station F”, the world’s biggest start-up campus in Paris. On March 27 to 30, 2018, Novares will also participate in the “Global Industry – SMART Industry 2018”, the European show that focuses on the Industry sector’s activities of the future, with Emmanuel Macron, French President’s sponsorship.
At the same time, and in support of R&D, the company also plans to sponsor a major digital hackathon – this is a creative brainstorming competition where young engineers and designers, start-ups compete to win the ‘best in class’ innovation award. At this Global Industry SMART 2018 show, Novares will connect with hundreds of start-ups from Station F and “Arts & Métiers Accélération”, to network, introduce new talent to corporate, educational and start-up worlds, so new industrial projects come to life.
Lastly, in February this year, Novares will create a Venture Capital fund managed by the Group, to concretely invest and develop close collaborations with start-ups, and technical competences adding value to Novares products, worth 50-million euro over the next 5 years.
“We are very excited to reveal our latest innovations that will be seen in our Nova Car #1 this year. Our team has worked very hard on the new designs, for over 9 months now. Our goal is to take Innovation to the next level, to deliver more connected cars with smart surfaces that will cater to new business models and mobility trends.” says Pierre Boulet, Novares CEO.
Worldwide car makers thrive on new technologies driven by digital trends that shape the evolution of their suppliers’ network. Key automotive industry themes include the light-weighting of vehicles, smarter connectivity, eco-friendly mobility, C0² efficiency, aerodynamics, safety, comfort, and overall flush designs to improve the user experience for passengers and drivers.
Novares’ growth strategy is aligned with these trends as the company strives to constantly develop value-added, innovative products. Novares is known for its expertise in plastic injection and moulding and is one of the largest global plastic solution suppliers today to serve car manufacturers worldwide.
Discovering in preview our Nova Car #1 preview teaser:
Nova Car #1 (3rd generation car from merged group)
Hi 5 Door & Touch’n Go
Touch’n Feel & Snake’n Light
Touch’n Play & Flex View
Mecaplast – Key Plastics rebranded as Novares on September 19th, 2017.
Novares is a global plastic solutions provider that designs and manufactures complex components & systems serving the future of the automotive industry. Novares creates and produces cutting edge automotive parts, specializes in technical plastic injection that contributes to cleaner, lighter, more connected, user-friendly cars.
Novares provides engineering and manufacturing expertise to virtually every OEM and many Tier-1 companies in the automotive market. Novares’ estimated 2017 revenues amount to €1.2 billion¹.
Headquartered in France, the group is present in 21 countries, runs 42 manufacturing plants, 7 Skill centers, 5 Technical centers and 17 customer service centers, around the globe to partner with customers.
¹Estimated information not derived from consolidated financial statements that has not been approved by the Company’s Chairman and has not been audited by its statutory auditors.